Canadian Winters are tough on your vehicle. It’s Spring and time to get your vehicle ready for the warmer seasons. In addition to an oil change, there are other preventive maintenance routines that should be done to prepare for each season. Canadian Tire can help!
Here are some important items you should check off your list of what your car needs every season:
Oil, lube and filter:
- As oil ages, it loses its ability to provide a barrier between the engine’s moving parts.
- Regular oil and filter changes are the easiest way to protect your engine from wear and tear.
- Motor oil doesn’t just lubricate the engine, it helps suspend dirt and debris that normally occurs. The oil filter removes all of these contaminants so that they do not circulate back into the engine.
Air and cabin filter:
- After a long winter of putting salt and sand down, Canadian roads are filled with dirt and dust, and your vehicle’s air filters keep the debris out of the engine.
- Your engine requires a steady flow of fresh air to ensure complete and efficient combustion.
- Driving with clogged air filters reduces your engines ability to use fuel efficiently, decrease performance, and can cause excess wear on the engine.
- Preventative Maintenance: Maintaining your vehicle’s fluids is a vital component of maximizing your vehicles life. At the manufacturer’s recommended intervals, fluid flushes will:
1- Maximize Performance
2- Condition internal components
3- Prevent dirt and debris build-up
- Transmission flush helps prevent transmission overheating; helps prevent transmission lines from leaking or transmission seals from leaking.
- Coolant Flush helps prevent acidic buildup which can block fluid flow and lead to overheating of the engine. Acidic buildup may also cause radiator hoses to develop leaks.
- Brake fluid flush – brake fluid absorbs and retains water. Once there is sufficient water buildup, the braking system won’t operate at its optimal performance.
- Engine flush – helps prevent the buildup of gunk. Will improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
- Power Steering flush – helps prevent the breakdown of seals, hoses and pumps.
- A good set of wipers is essential to ensure you have a good view of the road. |
- Don’t compromise your safety, replace your blades annually or at the first sign of wear (splits, tears or cracks)
- Summer’s extreme temps, combined with using electrical accessories puts a greater strain on batteries.
- Battery connections should be cleaned and checked to ensure the vehicle gets the power it needs.
- Spark plugs create the spark that ignites your vehicles air/fuel mixture to start the engine and maintain combustion.
- the stronger the spark, the easier it is for the system to work properly.
Interior and exterior lights:
- seeing in low-light conditions, and being seen by other drivers is not something you should lose sight of, don’t compromise your safety
- don’t forget other critical lights, such as brake and blinkers too
Canadian Tire Auto Service makes your journey to total car care both easy and worry-free.
- Extended Hours: Walk in or book an appointment to suite your schedule. Check your local Canadian Tire store for service bay hours.
- They know your Car: Visit any of their 5,500 Canadian Tire service bays across Canada, and they will have your vehicle’s history there in order to provide the best diagnosis.
- Services all makes and models: Bring your vehicle to any of Canadian Tire’s 3,000 licensed technicians for expert guidance, warranty-approved
- Nationwide Warranty. Get your vehicle serviced at any of our service bays, and your manufacturer’s warranty remains valid. #CanadasGarage.
To learn more about what Canadian Tire offers for your vehicle and how to book your checkup visit CanadianTire.com!
You can find Canadian Tire on Twitter and Facebook!
TWITTER PARTY ALERT!
Join us for the #CanadasGarage Twitter Party hosted by @CanadianTire!
When: April 7, 2016 at 7pm ET
There will be a Canadian Tire auto technician at the chat to answer anyone’s questions!
NO RSVP and of course there are prizes to be won! Party is open to everyone but only Canadians can win the prizes!