What is Jumpstart?
It’s about more than just getting kids active, it’s about giving kids from families in financial need the same chance to participate in the things they love as everyone else – neighbors, peers, and friends. Whether they are trying out a new sport or continuing with a favorite, not one kid should be left out.
Jumpstart is a national charity, committed to local communities. Organized sports connect kids to their communities. Canadian Tire recognized this and makes sure that money raised stays where it is donated. Canadian Tire Corporation is Jumpstart’s biggest supporter as it funds all general administrative expenses of Jumpstart. This means that 100% of customer donations goes directly to help those kids in need.
Other community partners, like Motivate Canada, Boys and Girls Clubs, Canadian Paralympic committee and numerous others work with local Jumpstart Chapters to identify the kids whose families need this assistance to get them off the sidelines and into the game. What kids do is up to them; Jumpstart is here to help them get there.
About Jumpstart Month
- Jumpstart Day (May 28) is an annual fundraising celebration to help kids from financially disadvantaged families across Canada, participate in organized sports and physical activities.
- June is Canadian Tire Jumpstart Month, and Canadians can show their support by donating at their local Canadian Tire store to give kids the gift of play.
- In 2015, more than $1 million ($1,036,618) was raised in Canadian Tire stores across Canada across Jumpstart Day celebrations and Jumpstart Month.
- All Canadian Tire dealers contribute to Jumpstart Month and many host Jumpstart Day events in their communities. From BBQs to sports demos, to play days, there are celebratory events for communities to participate in across Canada.
- One hundred percent of all customer donations made to Jumpstart stay within the community in which the donation was made to help local kids get off the sidelines and into the game.
- At Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities, they understand that the opportunity to play sports is about much more than helping kids get active.
- Sports equip kids for life by teaching them important skills like courage, confidence, and teamwork. Unfortunately, some kids miss out on the opportunity to develop these essential life skills simply because of financial disadvantages.
- Jumpstart strives to remove the financial barriers that prevent kids from being able to play their favorite sports by helping to cover the costs associated with registration, equipment, and/or transportation.
TWITTER PARTY ALERT!
Come show your support and join the #JumpstartMonth Twitter Party!
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Time: 8:00pm ET
Hosts: @CanadianTire @CTJumpstart
Guests: @wick_22 @Mikkelson12 @benhuot
Prizing: $1000 in Canadian Tire Gift Cards
Canada Only excluding the province of Quebec
New to Twitter parties?
If you are new to Twitter Parties, please participate using TWUBS.
We are so excited to be tweeting with such an amazing group of guests. Be sure to follow them on Twitter.
Find out more about Hayley Wickenheiser and follow @wick_22 on Twitter
Find out more about Olympian Meaghan Mikkelson and follow @Mikkelson12 on Twitter
Find out more about Olympian Benoit Huot and follow @benhuot on Twitter